New Features and Enhancements:
Watch Netflix favorites like House of Cards, Breaking Bad, Marvel’s Daredevil, and more – up to 4K Ultra HD resolution.
Upgrades YouTube to 4K
Enjoy a breadth of 4K content from YouTube. Watch movie trailers, channels like RocketJump, GoPro videos, and more – all in 4K Ultra HD resolution.
Delivers Google Voice Search at the Touch of a Button
Touch the NVIDIA button on your SHIELD controller to initiate Voice Search.
Note: After the System Upgrade, apply the SHIELD Accessories Upgrade to enable this feature.
Enables Surround Sound and High-Resolution Audio
Enjoy a home theater experience with rich Dolby® 7.1 and 5.1 surround sound pass-through. Listen to high-resolution audio up to 24-bit/192 kHz over USB or HDMI.
Allows Wi-Fi Connections Away From Home
With support for captive portal, you can connect SHIELD to wireless networks that require web authentication, like hotel Wi-Fi.
- Allows SHIELD to automatically turn on your TV and switch it to the correct input source.
Enable this feature in Settings > Device > HDMI > CEC one touch play
- Allows TV remotes to control SHIELD with up, down, right, left, select, and exit buttons.
Sleep Now and Restart
- Enables quick access from the power menu on the Settings row of the home screen
LED brightness adjustment for the green light bar on SHIELD
- Adjust brightness in Settings > Device > System > LED brightness
Automatically move newly installed Apps to your SD Card
- Enable this feature in Settings > Device > Storage & reset > SD card
View available storage space on your SD Card or USB storage
- View in Settings > Device > Storage & reset
Adjust Audio Video Sync. Use to synchronize audio with the video stream.
- Adjust sync in Settings > Device > HDMI > Audio Video Sync
- Upgrades operating system to Android 5.1
- Adds 10-bit Rec. 2020 color space for Netflix
- Adds 3:2 pull down support for smooth 24 FPS video playback
- Adds 8-bit 4.2.0 color space support for 4K 60 FPS video
- Adds NTFS and exFAT support for SD Cards